Don't forget to share
We know that sometimes you get bored with the everyday routine hairdos of your natural hair and that you wish to have fun and change that monotonous look to something glam and different! Using heat machines, you tend to straighten up or curl or make our hair locks a bit wavy to give that wow look! But the attached fear of having your hair damaged by heat is always a constant. The sooner you notice that your hair is getting heat-damaged, the better your chances are of repairing it. Early signs of heat-damaged hair include:
- Dull and frizzy hair
- Unhealthy hair with split ends
- Loss of softness and easy breakage
- Loss of good hair volume
- Wash and deep condition your hair well- Before you get those hot machines working their magic on your hair, you must first wash your hair properly with a mild and organic shampoo and deep-condition it well.
- Let your hair air-dry for a while – Depending on your hair type, allow your hair to get dry on its own. Damp hair reacts very inappropriately with heat. Before using any heat tool, always try to air dry your hair naturally.
- Apply heat protectants formulated for natural hair- Evenly coat your hair with a heat protectant. This helps to keep moisture level intact and protect your hair from heat damage. Heat protectants come in various forms such as serum, spray or creams.
- Blow dry your hair- Blow drying your hair first will straighten your hair a bit. It will also help prevent knotting and tangling of your hair ends, and subsequently, prevent hair breakage.
- Reapply a heat protectant before heat styling- Reapplying a heat protectant after blow drying and before heat styling your hair is the best way to ensure that your hair doesn’t get damaged by the machine’s heat.