Healthy and glowing skin is always a big priority. With outside pollution, weather changes, hormonal changes in the body, our skin gets subjected to multiple changes that can make it dull and acne-prone. We tend to invest a lot of money in different facial surgeries, branded beauty products and frequent spas and treatments. But we did not know that our kitchen cupboard contains so many magical ingredients that can do wonders for our skin!
Homemade face masks are a new trend and they actually bring out beautiful changes on the skin. Using natural ingredients on the skin protects it from chemical rich and artificial products that only name skin betterment but results in the opposite. Natural ingredients like honey, aloe vera, coconut oil, coffee powder, rose water and many more nourish the skin from the roots and remove clogged pores, acne, dullness and blemishes on the skin.
We have listed few homemade DIY face mask recipes that when applied on the face can make your skin super healthy and lustrous-
- The Brightening Face Mask- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric and one tablespoon of honey to make a smooth orangy paste. Apply the mixture on your face and leave for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water then moisturize the skin well.
- Fruity Face Mask- Mash some banana in a bowl. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey. Apply the mask to your face and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.
- Say Bye to Pigmentation Mask- Blend together two tablespoons of honey and some mashed papaya. Gently apply the paste all over your face. Keep it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off and moisturize.
- Deep Hydration Mask- Mix 1/2 cup of buttermilk with a few tablespoons of yogurt. Leave it on your face for 2-3 hours and then wash off to see a shining glow.
- The Soothing Face Mask- Mix 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon coconut oil and few drops of lavender oil or any refreshing face oil of your choice. Mix it up and apply on your face for an ultimate skin relaxing experience.
Our skin is saying something to us. We need to understand that and provide it with necessary nourishment and nutrition to stay healthy and smooth. Try these basic homemade mask recipes and welcome good skin that is extremely soft and glowing.