As the scorching heat is spreading around with the onset of summer season, our skin begins to experience changes. Do you feel the same? With excessive heat and humidity all day, the skin starts showing different indications- those annoying rashes and sunburns to the disheartening tan and acne.
As the weather gets warmer and humidity increases in the environment, the skin glands start producing excessive oil. The oil secreted gets stuck on the surface of the skin leading to stickiness, oily texture and blocked pores. So it’s essential that you up your skincare game to a healthier level so as to stay away from unwanted summer skin issues. Here’s how you can win the skin battle against heat and humidity-
- Use Face Wash to Remove Excess Oil- In summers, oily skin tends to get more oily. Use a face wash according to your skin type that can deep cleanse and remove all the dirt. Opt for mild, alcohol-free and pH balanced face washes and face cleansers.
- Stay Well- Hydrated- Hydration is key for any sort of health issue. Try using a hydrating face mask after face wash at night for some extra hydration. Wash your face frequently with water or carry a facial mist to freshen your skin at regular intervals.
- Wear Sunscreen- The UV rays can be very harmful and can cause premature aging, skin spots, fine lines and wrinkles. A good sunscreen with appropriate SPF amount is vital for the summer months so as to stay protected against the radiations.
- Avoid Heavy Makeup- Heavy makeup prevents the skin from breathing. Humidity and heat also impact the skin’s ability to breathe. Instead of wearing heavy makeup, you could consider using a tinted lip balm and a moisturizer if you need to wear some makeup.
- Use A Good Toner- Use a good toner to effectively close open pores.To prevent sweat and oil from clogging the pores, opt for an aloevera or cucumber-based toner as they are lighter.
- Opt For Seasonal Fruits And Vegetables- Include salads and vegetables like cucumber and lettuce in your food – these help the body stay cool from within. Seasonal fruits like watermelons, musk melons and citrus fruits and juices should also be included in the diet to keep the skin healthy.
Stepping into the heat, excessive exposure to the sunlight and excessive humidity can adversely affect your skin. The happy news is that you can restore your skin’s natural glow and ensure good health by taking good care of your skin. Follow a regular skincare routine, eat healthy food, and opt for simple yet effective organic remedies to achieve glowing skin.